« As we progress in our jewelry I am itching to work...New Jury PhotosHappy ThanksgivingHow not to do photographsE Cubed Arts on VacationThe Big EBow St Fair in PortsmouthPress coverageSupplies for SaleOn creating business credit | Home

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Books

It has fallen to me to forge ahead in our bookmaking experiment. I seem to have an overabundance of supplies (not at all unusual) and a dearth of time in which to create.

I've acquired some books on the cheap to try deconstruction/reconstruction again, the deconstruction having not gone so well the first time I tried. It's harder than you think to deconstruct a bound book so that it can then be re-bound!! I'm experimenting with ways of thinning out the cardboard cover so that it can be punched, while maintaining both the structural integrity and the overall artistic effect.

I desperately want to try with the Nancy Drew books that I've gotten - I think the combo of the covers with all the different kinds of papers that I've acquired will make excellent journals.

Pictures of my early attempts to follow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home