« New Beads x 2New BeadsQuiltingTerrorist Threat levelMUAH!Pearl NecklaceFabric BowlJury Slide ResourcesBeltsIn the beginning . . . . | Home

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Quilting Opinion Needed


Okay, so I have this fabulous little quilt top I made after reading several months of Fibermania. I was inspired by her "all color, all the time" and made something with lots more color than usual.


I started on this before I decided to do the "Modern Quilts" one mentioned below. Sometimes things have to percolate with me, I start on three things and work on them randomly, and eventually finish at least two of them.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. The quilt is very bright, this picture makes it look dull. The top left is hot pink, the bottom left is a really pinky-maroon, etc. So do I just quilt in the ditch? Seems like a shame, but I'm not sure what else to do. I had planned to pillow it (and not bind it) so what you see is what you get. I could quilt in the ditch with an invisible thread just to hold it to the backing, or I could grab a distinctive color (black, white, or silver metallic?) and quilt little loopy swirls all over it. Not sure if that would make it really neat or just destroy the whole geometric thing I've go going. Thoughts?

2 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger eM said...

what's a ditch?

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger EA said...

Ha ha ha. Oh, you weren't kidding?

Quilting in the ditch is quilting along the line where the pieces join, and hopefully sticking most of the quilting in the "dip" between pieces where it doesn't really show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home