« CMAA Group ShowBad pictures of good stuff.U-Turn to USAImpressions of Italy #1Hanover.Comment SpamThey're not pretty, but...Belts galoreWebsite updated - bags.More last minute things | Home

Monday, May 29, 2006

What happened to May?

Two weeks on vacation should leave one feeling refreshed. That would be the case if my family didn't think hiking up Mt. Vesuvius was a "morning activity" and we should do something else in the afternoon. Here's Monte Vesuvio looming over Pompei.



Of course as soon as I got back, I was working extra hours (I don't get paid vacation, so in order to make up for the drop in income, I have to work more), dealing with work projects that blew up two days after I left, trying to fix up bits of the house that keep falling off, finish up my entry for the CMAA group show, get to the CMAA meeting, deal with some potential insurance issues with a potential consignment shop, etc, etc. And worst of all...while I was gone someone cleaned my house. What's so bad about that you say? A non-quilter cleaned my house. So everything that appeared to be fabric was neatly stacked up into one pile. I organize by piles. Each project has one or more piles, and if they are disturbed, how do I know what fabric goes with which project? How do I know I'm in the middle of something if it's put away in a closet? So no progress on the Modern Quilt, since I have to re-sort all the yellows, as soon as I find them.

More Pompeii:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home