« I Love Carnelian!Beach Totes-to-beWhat happened to May?CMAA Group ShowBad pictures of good stuff.U-Turn to USAImpressions of Italy #1Hanover.Comment SpamThey're not pretty, but... | Home

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Opportunity Knocks

We've have some exciting developments leading to exciting upcoming events. First and largest in the excitement/terror department, we've been accepted into the Christmas Festival in Boston. 350 vendors, 31,000 attendees last year. Now we just need to figure out how much stuff to make and take. The worst thing that could happen is to run out of stuff, and the second worst is to take home 600 unsold necklaces, since we don't move inventory all that fast (hopefully that will be changing).

Second development is the brand new co-operative gallery that we're a part of has opened, and during the opening night reception EP sold both of her pieces in the show! EK and I each have one piece (neither sold yet, though I'm not sure we expected them to...). This gallery (CMAA) has had their lottery for exhibitors for the rest of the year (4-8 person group shows), and EP and I are part of the September group show, and EK is part of the October show. For directions/hours see this post.

Third development is the upcoming opening of a consignment craft shop in our collective hometown, Enfield NH. This is good for us (we've been asked to provide some things) and also for the town. The town is quite small and the main street shopping area has been pretty empty for years. A new bakery has opened up recently, a couple other business have moved into that building, and now this shop opening up next door approx August 5th. It's all moving forward nicely and the town is doing better.

Last but not least, we are heading into the opening of our yearly Farmer's Market. June 28th is the first market, so I need to get my act together and make sure I'm free Wed afternoons. Of course we bought a nice, new, spiffy EZ-UP that doesn't fit into my tiny car. So, either I have to buy a new vehicle large enough to hold it before June 28 (I think I have $2.63 that I found behind all the couch cushions, but other than that no money) or I have to start borrowing other people's cars. EK lives nearby but her car is, if anything, smaller than mine. It feels really odd at my age to call up my dad and ask to borrow the car...

So all-in-all, this is going to be a year with a lot of opportunity. I guess I had assumed I'd be further along with the house (and maybe have all the repairs done and it on the market by this summer) before things started getting this hectic.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger EK said...

Bah!! The mask I have at the CMAA gallery is, well, someday they'll say that it's an "early" piece.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home